Saturday, February 7, 2009

Is my man becoming a woman?

Well as many of you know Tim started nursing school this past week. Things have been a little different around here? Such as my husband now carry's a "murse." What is a murse??? It is a man purse.
This is a very large "murse" and he gets very annoyed when you call it such. But oh boy is it hilarious. I am not sure how long this post will remain on our blog but if you get the chance to read it consider yourself lucky. When he leaves the house in the morning I try to remind him, "Don't forget your murse."

However his murse is better than the other girly cases they are supposed to carry -they have an insane amount of books they must bring daily. Today as I saw him clipping his nails over the garbage can I asked "What are you doing?" It is odd to do such a thing in the kitchen. He replied, "they said that we are not allowed to have long nails." What ????? I am pretty sure that remark was not implied specifically to him but maybe to the other 21 women out of 24 people in the program???? Just a thought. I was thinking it might not be so bad if he became more feminine. Maybe when coming home he would notice right away that the dishes need to be done, or laundry is overflowing? Nah -who are we kidding. He is doing great in school though got 100% on his first test on Friday, and his second one is on Tuesday!

In other fun news....Ian loves food! We haven't found anything he does not like. He would also much rather feed himself. The other night we had spagetti with meat sauce for dinner and he was just reaching for my food and did not want his food so I gave him some of mine to see if he would like it. He loved it! I think it is his new favorite meal.

6 comments:

Elder Hunter L. Diamond said...

The "Murse" is okay as long as he doesn't carry it with his pinky extend and while wearing his pink shirt!

ragslisa said...

Wow Tim, I always wondered about you! Poor guy can justify it as much as he wants, but we aren't buying it! I guess at least it is black...Rags had a roommate who carried a "manbag" and he was questionable, at least Tim is married! I wish we were there to spy out the window and watch him roll it to the car! We miss you guys :) (ok we know he is manly somewhere in there, he helped be our fix it man on everything!)

Erin said...

Very stylish, Tim! I love Ian's spaghetti grin. He is one cute kid!

Ashley said...

That is so nice that Ian is such a great eater. I hope that Grace will follow in his footsteps. Thomas is just now getting to be pretty good, but it took awhile. He will you let me know if you got our feb. and marchs HOA? The mail here is being stupid, and we arefinding that we aren't getting a lot, and some people are getting what we send out. Thanks ash!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ashley, I am laughing so hard. I know that you are a Scrubs fan, right? A "murse" is also a male nurse- and on Scrubs the hottest murse was none other than Ricky Schroder!!! So your husband is a Murse and he carries a murse- very funny!

Queen Lisa said...

I think you should use the BeDazzler to spruce up the murse.