Sunday, March 14, 2010

No shoes, No shirt, No Problem!

Ian lately has been going through many random phases. Phase 1: For a few days he would wake up in the morning come get me and say "rink, wa wa (drink water)" and rush to the bathroom. Why the bathroom you ask???

Now you know. Which by the way I have never ever done this. I am not sure where he learned it. Tim??? Thankfully that has ended!

Phase 2 -No shoes: He does not like to wear shoes or socks. However if he has been wearing socks he loves picking out the sock lint.

Phase 3 -No shirt: This seems to be hear to stay. Besides loving the marshmallows in Marshmallow Matey's (he throws the cereal part to the dog). He loves getting dressed himself. Well let's reverse that...if it were up to him he would wear absolutely nothing. After sometime he finally decides to get dressed himself. When I try to help him he shouts "No, ME." He actually does really well getting dressed and does it correctly. Then he giggles and either pulls an arm out the bottom of the shirt or out the neck.
Eventually as the day goes on he loses his pants and thinks it is hilarious!

Phase 4 -No problem: He sure is a happy little camper! He never has been much of a problem. Don't get me wrong he has his moments as does every child I am sure. But overall he is very loving . He loves watching (in order) Bolt, Nemo, Handy Manny, and Cars. Although he will never actually watch the whole show. Besides Bolt -but that is only when we are driving to Salt Lake.
He is always trying to be helpful (even if it really isn't). Helping me mash bananas for banana bread. He would mash them and then eat some when I turned my back.
Did I mention he loves helping. This past week Tim's grandmother passed away and Tim headed out to New York to be with the family and attend the funeral. He loved helping daddy pack :)


Phase 5: This was unfortunately very short lived. For a little while when Ian would wake up in the morning he would stay in his room and wait for me to come and get him. One morning he woke up around 6:30 and it was just to early for me to drag myself out of bed for the day. I waited for a minute and then went to go get him and was surprised to see this...
He had fallen fast asleep! How he ended up in this specific spot and angle I am not sure. He did not seem to mind and I was not going to chance moving him. So there he slept and to bed I went (it only lasted about 15 minutes).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ian is so cute when he smiles and laughs.

Stacey said...

He is getting so big!

Justin and Stacey said...

What a cutie!! Isn't it so funny all of their little quirks at this age? I love it! He sure is getting big! Love all the pictures!