Monday, April 2, 2012

Fun Inside and Outside

Things are finally starting to slow down a little. It was beautiful for a couple weeks and in the seventies. This meant that all the boys wanted to do was be outside and play in the neighbors sandbox. Which I love but hate at the same time. It is so messy. The nice thing is Aaron no longer tries to eat the sand like he did last year. Bonus!

Ian has also had fun cruising around the neighborhood in his gator. Tim decided Ian would have more fun if he put it on rabbit speed which is much faster than bunny speed. Now Ian enjoys peeling out of the driveway and drifting (yes drifting) around corners or when he comes to a stop. He will cut the wheel and let the back end drift around about 180 degrees till he stops. Then giggle for a solid minute. Say a little prayer for when this boy gets a license. Don't worry Aaron is not allowed to ride with him. Plus with his drifting and fast driving he tends to scare most of the other kids his age too. They never know when he will cut the wheel and attempt to do a donut (he hasn't quite made it a full 360 yet).

After enjoying the warm weather and being outside in shorts and a t-shirt it started snowing again on April 1st. Ha ha mother nature, funny. Luckily it was just a minimal amount, nothing stuck to the ground but it did bring in a cold wind.

Aaron loves running around outside and playing. Since it has been cold and windy we have been staying in the house. As you can see he is not very happy about that. Ignore the scratch on his eye and his nose. I was mentioning last Monday how Aaron does not seem to have bumps and bruises all over like Ian did at his age. Well, Tuesday he fell and hit his upper eyelid on my kitchen aid and got a small cut. Wednesday he tripped on the driveway and hit his forehead on the cement. Then Thursday he tripped in the sandbox and cut underneath the same eye and scratch up his nose. Sunday he shot himself directly in the face with the airplane shooter and cut his lower lip. So, I take it all back...he has had plenty of bumps and bruises.
With the cold weather Ian thinks it is great to just dress up in warmer clothes and run around anyway. Which is ok for him, but I think the wind would possible blow Aaron over. So Aaron dresses up inside.

Since we are stuck inside we also headed to Pioneer Party and got some fun balloons for the boys to play with. Yes, Ian choose the pink. Pink is still his favorite color. These balloons are our favorite! They last for about three weeks floating even with the boys running around wildly with them.

The other day we had fun setting up the army men and shooting them down with the nerf guns. Ian has discovered the sight (I think that is what it is call) on his nerf gun and likes try to shoot each army man individually. Aaron enjoys bringing Ian the bullets and setting the army men back up.

In other news Aaron is still fascinated with ketchup. I am sure if I let him he would eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. As for Ian, put butter on anything and he will eat it. Yes, he even ran off with a cube of butter into his closet and managed to get a big bite before I could catch him. I know my parents are laughing because I used to do the same thing when I was Ian's age.

With the cold weather we are hoping to head up to Sundance one last time before it closes this weekend. Then nice weekend warm weather is welcome!

0 comments: