Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Back to School!

Tim has officially started school again. This is his second week of classes and they seem to be going pretty well. He is always reading and studying and doing many pointless and monotonous busy work assignments but we are grateful for that because now he does not have time to come up with projects such as this...He leaves the blue tape there (dot above the screen) because he knows it bothers me and I can't reach it. Him and my dad cut the frame that goes around it now it just needs to be put up. It is not yet complete.

Now don't get me wrong I am grateful for this but was it really needed...probably not. A seventy inch screen tv is a little excessive. Although it does have a great picture and is great to watch the jazz games, American idol, and soon to come "so you think you can dance." This is why we are grateful for school, because now there is no time to do random projects like this.

The story behind the picture: Tim was asking me if he could build a screen, etc, over and over. My reply was of course No. I finally got so tired of him asking that I said "ok, but only if you finish washing the baseboards, walls, do the laundry, dishes, clean bathrooms, and pick up around the house." He said "OK" and my reply was laughter. When going to bed that night I woke up for my usual 2:00 am bathroom break to find Tim was not in bed. I opened the bedroom door to beautiful clean smell. You probably guessed it Tim decided that while I was sleeping he would complete my list of chores so that he could begin his project in the morning. Moral of the story...be careful what you say.

5 comments:

The Buckley Family said...

Ashley, I love this! Hey, maybe it isn't so bad -- you got a clean house a big screen. I would go for that...I need to start making deals the way you do :)

april said...

i love this story too! it's amazing what men will do for a big screen T.V. but you're right, "so you think you can dance" will look amazing on it. wish i could come watch it at your house.

ragslisa said...

Now you are NEVER going to come over anymore!! Our big screen was what we had against you so we could get you to watch things at our house:( Oh well, we'll keep makin cookies and see if that works. Ella will miss you when you have the baby for a while. We can't wait to see the little guy! GO TIM for doing the spring cleaning. He can always wash our car when he's out doing yours.

Justin and Stacey said...

So fun! I love it! Too bad we don't live closer to you guys. I guess Tim REALLY wanted it if he was so eager to get all off the spring cleaning done. I guess it's a win win situation. Have fun with your enormous screen!

Anonymous said...

Ashley and Tim,
We had to look twice at the name and then realized the initials were IBM. Now we know why Jim & Nan sent the snazzy baby bike mobile. Plus the bikes look good too. I think the name is beautiful and will match your son nicely. We are very happy for you and so glad everything went well. I know you will be wonderful parents and we look forward to seeing Ian in the near future. I love the blog. If I had known about it I would have responded sooner. Much love and happiness to all of you. Aunt Dianne & Uncle David