Sunday, December 20, 2009

LPN!

A couple weeks ago Tim graduated from the Bridgerland Applied Technology College's LPN program. It was a long journey to get here and definitely not where it ends. But ready or not here we come!
For journaling purposes feel free to skip: Tim graduated from Utah State University December of 2006 with a bachelors degree in psychology and a minor in marketing. Without going on to graduate school there are not many job opportunities in psychology. He contemplated going into school psychology or child psychology but was not sure and field seemed to be overcrowded. While going to a few job fairs and seeing what was out there he ran into Target. After a long process in June 2007 Target offered him a head manager position in Centerville, Utah. Not knowing how it would all play out Tim quit his job of three years as a psych tech at the Logan Regional Hospital and began commuting to Centerville while I worked in Logan. He was working at least 60 hours a week and that does not include the 3 hour round trip commute. With a little one soon on his way it was not hard to tell it was not working. Knowing how long the process took for him to become a manager and the training he decided to let them know a month in advance of his resignation from the company with an ending date the middle of May 2008 just before Ian was due. Well, Target turned around and let him go the middle of April and we were extremely frustrated. It is no wonder that the Lord's timing is perfect because just a few days later I was put on bed rest while pregnant with Ian. That next week Tim contacted his boss at the hospital and was immediately hired back on. It was here that he realized he loves the medical field but without moving forward to LPN, RN, etc there was no room for growth. So he applied and was accepted into BATC's LPN program starting February 2009. Now on January 2010 he will be enrolled at Weber State University's RN program.

Tim's graduating class!
He had two graduations that night. The first graduation was for all of those in a variety of fields graduating from BATC. It was long program and a lot of people which Ian wanted nothing to do with. We finally went inside towards the end when Tim was receiving his diploma and Ian loved clapping for everyone. Especially daddy!!!
Then it came time for the LPN graduation program- it was great!!! Thankfully everyone helped kept Ian entertained and Ian loved the candy grandma MacNair was letting him have.
Tim being pin -some type of nurse passing on thing :)
Tim was the class president and was "luckily" enough to be asked to speak at graduation. He did an amazing job. Really I am not just saying that because he is my husband it was incredible!!!
Now as of December 31st he will officially be an LPN. That is the day he takes his official NCLEX test which he has already taken twice and passed with flying colors (99th percentile -the highest in his class and I believe the highest you can receive). He has done amazing in school and worked so hard to get where he is. I am so proud of all the things he has accomplished and look forward to the accomplishments to come. Congratulations Babe! I love you!

P.S. Feel free to leave your comments considering he is a "murse" and is wearing a purple shirt. You know you are laughing :)

7 comments:

Christina Olson said...

That is soooo exciting!! Trust me, if I can pass the LPN and RN boards then Tim will pass. You sure have one smart hubby:)

idaho grandma said...

Congratulations!!! We are so proud of you. What an accomplishment and anexcitign couple of years ahead. You will be so glad later that you continued on to get your RN. Way to go. BYW....I love the purple shirt!!! Love you and Merry Christmas. Bob & Denise

idaho grandma said...

Sorry I should proof read before I send. I was trying to say "an exciting couple of years ahead". I forgot to tell you I loved the photos of Ian when he saw the tube he got from his Aunt and Uncle. Darling. Love you guys. D

Caitlin and Tim said...

Congratulations Tim! That is so exciting! Having just started graduate school again myself in Septemer, it's always nice to be reminded that all the hard work eventually pays off! Congrats, and best of luck in January; it sounds like you are more than well prepared!

Angela said...

Congratulations Tim!

Queen Lisa said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!

Stephanie said...

Hey, there is nothing wrong with being a murse! Just be worried if he decides to become a manny! Congrats Tim! That is so awesome! Good luck with the next step!