We are all finally on the road to recovery. Ian is still weezy and if he starts running around he has these coughing spells. We are a little worried it is asthma but are hoping that spring will be here soon and clear everything up :)
In other news -Ian would prefer if clothes were optional. Right after bath he races into our bedroom and jumps into bed. Then he hides under the covers and giggles unto you find him. He is always trying to get away before you can put clothes on him and if you do get them on he will most likely take them off.
Even with being sick he is still one happy camper!
However he can also be one naughty boy! I am not sure what to do about his hitting and throwing. It is becoming almost uncontrollable. He sits in time outs really well -we actually do it for 2 minutes (he is close enough to two) when time out is over he says he says sorry and gives hugs and kisses. We hardly walk out of time out before he has hit me or someone else again. Then we go right back to time out. We are not talking little hits -more of a whined up punch, sometimes straight to the face. It is getting really frustrating. Any suggestions would be very helpful -please!
At night I always have a bowl of cereal. Lately Ian has been sleeping in our room because I am parinoid about his breathing. With both of us sick we have been going to bed just after seven and waking up around eight. I know don't get to jealous!!! So I have been letting him have a healthy bowl of cheerios and cut up bananas with me, while I have marshmallow matties. Usually he signifies he is done with a quick throw of everything -ahhh!

Even though he has had quite a few rough moments lately -he is still a sweet and happy boy. He loves to say his prayers all the time. While we were cooling down his dinner he started to say "Heavenly Father -Amen" over and over. He knows after the prayer he gets to eat. I caught the tale end of it with my phone.
Other than that we are looking foward to having the day off tomorrow -no work, no homework, no studying, nothing is allowed but family fun!!! Which means I should probably go finish grading my students tests :)
In other news -Ian would prefer if clothes were optional. Right after bath he races into our bedroom and jumps into bed. Then he hides under the covers and giggles unto you find him. He is always trying to get away before you can put clothes on him and if you do get them on he will most likely take them off.

Even with being sick he is still one happy camper!However he can also be one naughty boy! I am not sure what to do about his hitting and throwing. It is becoming almost uncontrollable. He sits in time outs really well -we actually do it for 2 minutes (he is close enough to two) when time out is over he says he says sorry and gives hugs and kisses. We hardly walk out of time out before he has hit me or someone else again. Then we go right back to time out. We are not talking little hits -more of a whined up punch, sometimes straight to the face. It is getting really frustrating. Any suggestions would be very helpful -please!
At night I always have a bowl of cereal. Lately Ian has been sleeping in our room because I am parinoid about his breathing. With both of us sick we have been going to bed just after seven and waking up around eight. I know don't get to jealous!!! So I have been letting him have a healthy bowl of cheerios and cut up bananas with me, while I have marshmallow matties. Usually he signifies he is done with a quick throw of everything -ahhh!

Even though he has had quite a few rough moments lately -he is still a sweet and happy boy. He loves to say his prayers all the time. While we were cooling down his dinner he started to say "Heavenly Father -Amen" over and over. He knows after the prayer he gets to eat. I caught the tale end of it with my phone.
Other than that we are looking foward to having the day off tomorrow -no work, no homework, no studying, nothing is allowed but family fun!!! Which means I should probably go finish grading my students tests :)
3 comments:
Ash, I didn't know you have been sick as well. I'm sorry. Hopefully you guys are all on the road to recovery. Thank goodness for holidays. At least Ian is still happy when he is sick. He hasn't tried running around naked or hitting over here yet but it sounds like we could be in for an entertaining week when he comes over next week. Love the prayer. Such a good little boy.
Hey- This one brought me back. With Kaden I ended up finding that giving him a warning of taking away a favorite toy and then if he continued I would take it away. Then when there was a good behavior i would give it back. That way your rewarding him for being good. Kaden also has asthma, it's hard but he is getting much better. The joy of terrible twos, it does get better I promise. Hope all is well I missed seeing you guys last month!
I'm glad he's ok! That's scary. We had our first ER trip this week too. As for the hitting and throwing, Max is totally into that too. I think it's a boy thing. But in a parenting class I went to, the physchologist said they aren't really try to hurt you, and they'll probably grow out of it. Just distract him, that works the best for me. Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment