Little did we know Tuesday was my last day of freedom. I called the doctor on Tuesday because I was spotting so they had me come in and test if it could be a UTI. I didn't think it was because I didn't have any of the signs besides being sore, back pains, etc. which every pregnant woman has. They called back and said that I did (much to my surprise) and put me on a medication. Well Wednesday still spotting so I called the doctor and requested to come in (the nurse even knew who I was when I called- I am not sure if that is good or bad). The nurse said to go on bed rest then come in first thing on Thursday because my doctor was in surgeries all day. So I did and this is what I found out....
She looked over the ultrasounds from last time (I was 29 1/2 weeks it was showing that he was about 34) and she said that they were correct he was measuring big so they are going to do another ultrasound at my next appointment on Wednesday to see how far he is then. Then because of the spotting she did an exam and found that I am dilated to a 1 and a half, the lining is thinning and he is is a good position for labor.
Problem: I am only 32 weeks and 5 days and he appears to be ready to come. So today they had me go up to Labor and Delivery today were they monitored me for 20 min (but it took 1 hour and 15 mins) and gave me a shot of steroids to help the babies lungs mature. In the 20 minutes the heart beat looked great and I had 2 contractions (very small I didn't feel a thing). So now the doctor put me on Bed rest for 3 weeks.
Any suggestions on what I am going to do for three weeks would be helpful (TV, movies, books, get really good at Sudoku). The doctor said that I am to stay in bed, not be lifting anything over 5 lbs, and that a walk to get a drink or something to eat isn't bad but nothing but that. Basically nothing. She doesn't not want the slightest chance of him coming before I am 36 weeks.
It is crazy how you think why is this happening we didn't need this now all while you are trying to convince yourself "I am sure there is a reason" -and yet there always turns out to be a reason. As many of you know Tim put in his notice for managing for Target, and they turned around and let him go much early than we had planned on. While we were both very frustrated with the situation and not happy about it, his last day is tomorrow and now I have been put on bed rest. So he will be here to help me out around the house and pretty much be there whenever I need him, as he puts he is now my slave. At work I have just felt that I needed to get everything ready for the end of the year-day by day layouts, copies made, tests and quizzes made and copied, lesson plans, etc. Well right before spring break I finished everything for all of my class and all the copies are made and organized and ready to go. I even found a sub that will take over my classes should I have the baby early (she is currently student teaching at logan high and her last week is this coming week). Surprise, Surprise it is a good thing that I got everything taken care of as I will not be there for three weeks. As I said before it is funny how things work themselves out -we know that heavenly father is watching over us.
Tuesday we babysat our cute neighbor Ella. While her mom and dad went to the hospital. We were hoping they would be gone longer because we absolutely adore Ella (and we a pretty fond of them too) but it turned out that it did not take as long as expected. So they met up with us as we were eating A&W. Tuesday is both of our husbands days off so we decided that we need to do something fun, or just something at all. We went bowling (there is not much else to do in Logan) and for once Tim beat me- although you can't give he too much credit the extra weight in the front threw me off :) Needless to say it was quite entertaining.
5 comments:
Oh Ashley! Sorry about the bedrest. The one upside is you get sometime alone before you get to bring home that babe. Enjoy it! It NEVER happens again. As for what to do, I have my list of shows that I will compile for! Good luck girl we will be remembering you in our prayers.
sorry about the bed rest. glad tim will be your slave - just don't have him dress like one please. none of us need that imagery.
it is amazing how things fall into place. kudos to you for having your lessons all organized - i'm sure the sub appreciates that. glad you felt God's hand in all this. you'll especially fell that when you hold that baby. we'll keep you in our prayers and pray for a safe arrival.
as for suggestions, i've always wanted to learn to knit. maybe you could learn and teach me? (just joking). i liked shannon hale's "the goose girl", "the lovely bones" by alice siebold (might be a little intense for pregnancy hormones) and "persepolis." that's all i can think of at present.
one bedrest show suggestion...Friends, seasons 1-10...yeah baby! sorry about bedrest, however you can catch up on your sleep!!! you should do some reading, i would suggest a baby sleep book. like, healthy sleep habbits for healthy baby, or the baby whisperer, or baby wise (not a big fan). i wish so bad that i had done a sleep schedule from the beginning, now i am deal with trying to break bad habbits, it's literaly a nightmare.
keep that baby in! drink lots of water and get lots and lots of rest. and of course be nice to your slave tim. keep us posted!!
Ashley...I am so sorry. At least you can get some rest before your life is turned upside down! :) (in a good way, of course!) I would definitely take Steph's advice and read a baby sleep book. It will make all the difference if your little guy is a good sleeper!! I read the Healthy Sleep Habits; Happy Child by Doctor Weisbluth. (I think that's how you spell it) I loved the book. Jack is a great sleeper. They really can't be started on a real sleep schedule until 3 or 4 months. I started around three months and I am glad I did. I have a little sleep help sheet that my pediatrician gave me when Jack was first born that helped when he was brand new. I should copy it and send it to you. Email me your address and I will get it to you. staceofbace@hotmail.com
PS. I have also heard that Baby Wise is not a good book
Post a Comment