I having been looking forward to my doctor appointment today since my last appointment with the nurse practitioner where she did an ultrasounds. When they did an ultrasound at 29 and 1/2 weeks it was showing up like I was almost 34 weeks (based on size, blah, blah, blah). So today I went to the doctor -glucose test was normal, blood still looks good but slightly anemic (she considers under a 12 anemic and I was an 11.9), then I asked her about the ultrasound and she was not aware that they did an ultrasound it somehow wasn't mention to her. I explained what the ultrasound showed and my concerns (like a 12 pound baby?!? -Tim was almost 11 lbs. when he was born) and she said she would look at them later today and would be sure to call if there were any concern and if not she will plan on seeing me in two weeks and discussing it further with probably another ultrasound to double check. So basically no news, which is good news-everything is right on track as far as just stomach measurements and my weight gain -she says it is moving right on track like textbook.
15 years ago
5 comments:
girl, you should have demanded an ultrasound! oh well, maybe next time. it's good that your tummy is measuring the right size! maybe last time the little guy had just eaten so he had a full tummy when he was measured. pretty soon here if not already you will have weekly appts with the dr. those always seemed to be the most informative appts. its getting so close i am so excited!!!! i can't hardly wait. tummy pictures please, and baby room pictures, and of course we can't let timmy feel left out, post some pics of him as well!!
Sounds like things are moving along just right. We definitely need a new belly shot though! We are getting super excited for you guys. You will love being parents. It is the best!! I wouldn't trade it for anything.
A 12 pound baby!?! Yikes, I hope the doctor shows you some mercy if that is going to be the case. By the way, you are one darling pregnant woman! I am really excited for you.
Man, I hope things are more helpful at your next appointment. I have been checking tons to see if they would tell you you'd go early or what. Anyways good luck in 2 weeks!
thanks for the update. i will say the ultrasounds were always way off on their guesses on my kids' weight (for grace and jake i had later ultrasounds like you - they thought grace would be over 8 lbs - she was 5 lbs. 13 oz). hopefully, the baby won't be big. i'm glad they are watching you closely though; you definitely don't need a big baby with your smaller frame.
i absolutely love the preggie pictures. you look great. i loved being pregnant (didn't get sick like you) and i just love baby bellies. you look absolutely fabulous!!!
Post a Comment