Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July activities

We cannot believe that it is already July...I myself am really not excited it means we are getting closer to August when school begins again -but lets just pretend that day will never come. On the 3rd we attended the Logan City fireworks with my family and a bunch of our Lake Powell friends. I was quite nervous that Ian would scream the whole time so we when to a park just above the stadium where it was about a minute walk and a 30 second run back to the car. To our wonderful surprise Ian sleep the entire time and did not even flinch at the loud bangs, but he was all bundled up. 
On the 4th of July we went to the Hyrum City parade. It was your average parade with lots of taffy and otter pops being thrown. Tim and Hunter did a good job of loading us up with a bag full of candy.  Ian seemed to enjoy it the parade as well -basically he was very content and not screaming. While he did jump a couple times towards the end at the obnoxious sirens it was entertaining. 



After a afternoon out what better to do then come home and take a nap. 
That night we went with our wonderful neighbors to my parents house for a bar-b-que and fireworks. I have no pictures of this event because Ian had enough by then. He spent the night screaming for a good couple of hours. To my family and neighbors -we may not be held responsible for any loss of hearing or pounding headaches. Although the night ended with a bang and the glorious shagadelic mojo -aren't illegal fireworks wonderful :) I believe that was the only time Ian wasn't crying because he was watching the fireworks. 

And of course on Saturday the famous Cache Valley Cruise-In parade. 
Followed by a family bike ride through Smithfield on Sunday. When I say family I mean everyone -tim-me-ian-pike-cindy (my mom)-andrew-hunter - except my dad did not attend -lazy, a think a bike ride would make your back feel better :)

While it was a fun weekend we are glad it is over. However we will be doing another firework show on the 24th - Tim has requested the he return to Wyoming for more cakes (for those of you who don't know cakes are basically really big fireworks that go very high in the air). So if you see amazing fireworks going off in Providence -it's not us ;)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm totally impressed and proud that you did all the local activities. Way to be with a newborn and everything. Sorry he didn't make it through the BBQ, Fun pictures though, we love the Cruise-In.

ragslisa said...

Thanks for letting us come to the BBQ it was so much fun!

Emily T. said...

Sounds like lots of fun. You are amazing to do all that with a new baby. I still use Grady as an excuse to stay home and be lazy sometimes. Hope Ian keeps getting better with the reflux stuff.