Monday, July 21, 2008

Keeping Up with the MacNairs

Ian had the Upper GI Test done. The doctor himself called me the next morning to report that thankfully everything looked good. However he does have severe reflux -he is reflux continually even when he is not eating you can still see everything coming up. So while Ian does not spit up a lot the acid from his stomach is coming up and burning his esophagus -thus causing him pain. He is now on Prevacid morning and night and it seems to be helping. He is starting to sleep all the way through the night 10:30-7 are good nights but occasionally he wakes up at 4 am to eat.

Well not much else a lot has been going on in our lives just random things here and there. Ian has most recently discovered that he loves to pee when his diaper is off and then he get a big grin as he sprays you. My parents were kind enough to babysit Ian a week ago while Tim and I went on a date. We went and saw The Hulk. The movie was ok not something I would see again but enjoyed it once. I was annoyed most of the movie at the family in front of us with what looked to be a brand new baby at this loud movie and would have liked to give them a piece of my mind. That poor baby will most likely never again hear the same.

When doing laundry this week I was stung by a bee. Yes it was within the walls of my own home that I was stung by a bee. My poor arm had enough as you can see by my beautiful black, green, yellow bruise from when they drew my blood. However thyroid and iron levels are normal :) Now I have a big red spot where the bee stung me. But I am happy to report that the bee is no longer with us.


Wii Night

Our neighbors came over the other night and we had a wii night. It was great fun we love our neighbors and are sad that eventually they will be moving. While we do hope the best for them but don't want to see them go. At first Ian was not too happy but Cavin was loving life -as you can see. Ian and Cavin are just 6 weeks apart. However once Ian got his binkie life was good again.

Binkie Buddies!!!

From Tennis, Baseball, to Boxing we played it all.

That night Tim and I started watching a movie and Ian went to bed early around 10. Tim and I decided that we would stay up and finish the movie since Ian had been sleeping in until 7 am the last 4 days. Wouldn't you know that since we decided not to go to bed until 1 am that he would wake up at 4 am. Thanks buddy :)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I didn't know you had a Wii, and all that time living close we could have been playing. I am glad that Ian is doing better. It's funny, they always know when we go to bed late, because they get up earlier. I think it's their way of getting back at us for not letting them hang out so late with us. Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that Ian is sleeping through the night!!! How is he doing with the new dosage of medicine? By the way.. If you ever need another couple to play the wii- we would love it!!

The Buckley Family said...

I am glad to hear things are going better with Ian. Hopefully things will continue to get better. I am totally impressed (read jealous) of his sleep schedule. Good for you!

We just got a Wii too. So fun!