Sunday, October 12, 2008

1st Cold :(

Last week I had a cold and since this past Friday I have been feeling great -just pay no attention to my deep frog voice -it is slowing going away. But now I am feeling just like normal. Tim never actually got sick. So of course we thought the we were in the clear....not quite.

At 2:48 am Ian woke up crying. I assumed it was his usual "come in and roll me back over" but not so much. I moved him back to his usual sleeping positive then I too crawled back into bed. Then at 3:34 am he was up again. I went in to roll him back over but he was already on his stomach so I moved him fixed the blankets and went to bed. Then at 4:16 am he woke up again- yes again! I was tempted to let him be and cry it out but it was not a very happy cry. So I dragged my lifeless body into his room -yes only body I was not there mentally at all -and he was coughing. Oh no (I now mentally checked in)!!!

I got him up and feed him to calm him down but he was too stuffy to eat. We did all the usual things humidifier in his room, elevate the crib, check temperature, clean his nose, etc. He did not have a temperature but unfortunately has a dry cough, and stuffy nose, and a little bit of a horse voice. Poor thing. He seems to be doing even better now -after every sneeze follows a snotty smile :) Hopefully he will be better very soon.

While I have no pictures of our poor snot nosed child -you wouldn't believe the weather outside

that is right -October 12th -it has been a blizzard outside. But now as I write this no more than 10 minutes later it is sunny outside and the snow on the grass has practically melted -crazy Logan weather?!

5 comments:

april said...

poor baby ian! hope he feels better soon. wow! look at the snow. glad the sun is melting it away. i'm still waiting for more cool, crisp days here in the northeast (we've been a little on the warm sie). i love fall weather, but hold on the snow please.

lins.e said...

oh man colds and babies donnot go well together... I think its harder on the parents then it is on the kids. And then when we get sick we still have to take care of everybody else...

Ian is getting so big and cute, don't you love them at this age?

ragslisa said...

I am sorry that the colds have begun, I hate Logan winters. I kept thinking after all these years, I would learn to love winter and snow, but I haven't. Hopefully his cold will go away soon.

Ashley said...

What the heck? I can't believe that it has snowed there. Yesterday we were outside in short sleeves. I guess one good thing about being away. I hope that Ian starts feeling better.

.:*The Brown Family*:. said...

hey ash- I'm so happy that I found blog, your baby is so cute. It's really hard when they get sick for the first time. But then that is when they want mom, at least that is how it is with my son.