What a day!!! We started off getting a few chores done around the house. First item of business was packing up all of Ian's baby toys. He does not play with his baby toys anymore he mostly just throws them to the side to get to the other toys. But he sure had fun while I was packing them up.

We went for a fun bike ride this afternoon with the Jeppesen's. We went during Ian's last naptime assuming he would fall asleep -which he did the last couple minutes. He had a blast playing in his chariot the entire 1 1/2 bike ride -with a few stops to play at the parks here and there.

We went up to Mack Park and then on the Smithfield Heritage trail which heads down to the Blue Socks field. Pike came too- but during this time Kaylie and Anthony were walking around with him.
Ian loves playgrounds and is really good at getting messy.

He loved going down the slides -with help of course. And runs giddily towards them.

And then attempts to climb back up them. He actually was really good at climbing up the slides -almost too good.
The sand....need I say more...


He loves letting it fall through his fingers and onto his legs and then he wipes his hands all over his clothes.

After our bike ride we stopped at A&W's and got ice cream cones. Ian loves ice cream!!! He kept trying to mooch off everyone. Apparently he thought Kaylie would give in and sat with her. We then heading to my parents for a good old barbque. Then came home and played games with the neighbors. Ian had even more ice cream. Just a little though, all of us we outside eating delicious homemade ice cream sandwiches that our neighbors the McKeon's made. I am usually not a big fan of ice cream sandwiches but they were delicious. Ian just keep using his sign language and signing "more" right after having a bit. All of the sudden he is picking up sign language left and right it is amazing.
It was a great day and soon we will have a new addition to our family
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Say hello to the Nissan Murano -Honestly did you think I was going to say a child??? If so you are crazy because that is not happening for a while -a long while grandma's and grandpa's. But seriously your child turns one -or is almost one and that just seems to be the generic questions. I have to start using my toes to count how many times that question has been asked -and that is just this weekend. Although Lisa did warn me. Anyway...
We are trading in the Escort and adding the Nissan to the family. We don't have it yet the dealership is fixing a few things and putting on all new tires for us so we'll have it in just over a week. It is a 2005 in really good condition and with only 22,000 miles on it. While I am not crazy on the color it is not too bad...kind of growing on me. The plus side is it hardly ever looks dirty. It has a lot more room than both of our cars and leather seats for our messy little boy. We all can't wait for it to arrive -including Ian he loves it when the seats are all down so he can run around in it.
It was a great weekend and I am not ready for it to end. I would like to say if I don't go to bed maybe tomorrow will not begin -but we all know that doesn't work ;)

5 comments:
This post made me miss Logan so much! I want to come bike ride and come to the park :( I am glad you guys are having fun though. I am even MORE glad you are finally getting a new car! Looks great! Now if you could only get a new cell phone :)
Oh man what a fun weekend. I am glad you had fun with friends and family. Smithfield has so many parks. I think it probably has the most in the nation per population! I don't recognize the one with the sand, must be one of the new ones since we've been there. LOVE THE NEW CAR, I really want one, but maybe after we are adding all these miles onto one.
sounds like a great weekend. glad you had fun. good luck toughing out the last week or so of school. the car looks great; congrats! oh, and ignore all those next child questions. that really is ridiculous. if you lived in the east coast, people would think you were crazy to even consider a next one when your first is only a year old - and believe, no one, would be asking. so just blame it on that northeastern influence of your husband.
Ha!! I totally fell for it-Ashley's telling us she's pregnant again? I hate to be the one to tell you that asking when you plan to have your next child is a Utah/Idaho/Mormonville thing. I never got that here or in Texas. Maybe you can make a sign to wear around your neck--"God's already told me it's ok to not got pregnant right now." I think we have two newborns and three pregnant sisters in our ward right now-that's a record for us-we're very proud.
That does sound like a fun day. By the way, when are you having another baby??
Post a Comment