I have been dreading this post :( I have a million pictures of kids zooming by all blurry. Plus I have quite a few pictures to edit of each of the kids in their costumes. I will load those later when (hopefully Andrew :) is done editing them!
Superhero Party!
Ian had his first friend birthday party! I can't believe he is old enough to have a bunch of friends over. It was definitely loud and lots of fun! Ian requested on his invitations that they kids come in costume!
Hulk (aka Tyler) and Green Lantern (aka Drew)
We started the party off downstairs with a nerf war against the "bad guys." I had hung pictures all over the basement some were superhero's and other's were bad guys. The kids picked the gun of there choice and then went to town. In the end they decided that I too was a bad guy -let's just say it is a good thing nerf darts are not too painful!
I still need to figure out how to work my camera. Tim was trying to turn on the multi picture feature and somehow we ended up with this slow motion recording. I thought it was kind of fun!
The boys then picked their weapon of choice (Thor hammer, Captain America shield, Hulk hands) and took off through the obstacle course.
By this time they were all pretty exhausted so we headed upstairs to make our shields. Tim made all of these Captain America shields for the boys to decorate. It was definitely the kids favorite part! I tried to get them to all look at me for a picture but it was not happening.
The final product!
After the kids finished their shields we had pizza, breadsticks, and a special superhero drink. For the drink I had made koolaid ice cubes (blue and red) the night before. I then put one of each in their glasses and poured in some sprite (idea from pinterest). I told them the blue made them super smart and the red gave them muscles :) I think they each had 5 or more glasses. I was also glad that I decided to order two large pizza's because the boys ate every last bite.
Before dessert we took a break to open presents. I think Tim and I just laughed the entire time. The kids were so excited to show Ian what they got him for his birthday! They all rushed up to him and unwrapped their own present and then showed him all the neat things it could do!
As you can see he was spoiled! Stark Industry truck, giant Captain America, Star Wars carrier, Spiderman plane and figure, memory game, spiderman activity book! He played in his room for hours for the next couple of days it was glorious!
It was then time for cake. Ian had requested carrot cake for his birthday. I was a little worried that the other kids would think that was gross so I made blue and red rice krispie treats as well. Surprising all but one child wanted carrot cake!
It was then time to go but the kids enjoyed playing around the house before their parents arrived.
Ian absolutely loves Kimball -Wolverine (they go to preschool together and live just down the street from us). He always says that Kimball is his very best friend. Unfortunately at the party we had one small incident. Another child cornered Kimball and started punching him repetitively in the chest (he was a little too excited). Clearly we jumped in and Kimball was ok but still upset, which in return made Ian furious. Ian did not let Kimball out of his site after that and spent the next little while protecting Kimball with his shield.
The video below is of Ian and Kimball working together to open up the Star Wars carrier. The funny part is Ian played at Kimball's house later that week and while he was there Kimball got hit again by his brother Taft. Ian stepped in and said to Taft, "That is the second time my friend Kimball has been hit. First at the birthday party, and now here. You do not hit my best friend." Emily (Kimball and Taft's mom) said that it was hilarious. I am glad that he is looking out for his friends!
All in all it was a great day! The kids seemed to have a lot of fun. Besides the one incident the kids all got along great. Ian asked if he could have a superhero party again tomorrow. I laughed and said, "next year."





1 comments:
Wow! What a superhero mom! That looks like an awesome birthday party! That's great he is making good friends and looking out for them.
Post a Comment