The school year has come to an end! I can hardly believe it! Ian's has learned soooo much! Here are a few of the things that stand out from this year...
- He knows all of his letters and sounds
- He is starting to read three and four letter words
- He thinks he can count to 100 but it starts to become very creative in the 40's and 50's but with a little help he can finish
- He loves to complete patterns (A,B and A,B,C)
- He can tell you all about various science subjects weather, recycling, animals, plant life, etc. He even checks things for the "triangle" before he throws them in the trash
- He can name all kinds of paintings and artists -more than I know that is for sure
- He know his numbers, colors, and body parts in spanish
- He knows all of his shapes (even pentagon and hexagon)
- He loves to sing and dance -and can be a little loud -as you will see in the video's :)
- He still loves to help with cooking. His favorite thing to make in cooking class was quesadillas for the letter Q
- He knows many of the presidents and a little bit about them.
- He could talk to you forever about baby chicks and how to take good care of them
- He has also been learning about respect, how to be a good friend, kindness, and many other great characteristics and qualities. Not that he always practices them but he definitely tries.
A week before school ended they had their graduation program. I had just had my surgery the day before and clearly should have moved and sat on the other side of the room but I did not feel like getting up. I uploaded a lot of videos but that is what happens when your family lives far away -you want to feel like you are there. The kids were hilarious! In one video they were supposed to dance for a few counts and Cairo starts shouting, "It hurts to dance, It hurts to dance." During the middle of another song Preston stops to announce to his dad that these (all of the kids in the class) were his friends. The music teacher continues to tell the children to sing louder. Ian, being the good listener he his, does just that! We may need to work on his musical tone a little -or a lot :)
After the singing program they had a slideshow full of pictures of the kids in his class throughout the year. It was so fun to see him in his classes and so engaged in the activities. Then they announced the children's names and they walked down to get their diplomas.
Ian's homeroom teacher Miss Kelli!
Ian had to play in the treehouse before we left.
He gave all of his teachers a gift to say thank you. I even came up with the saying :)
Plus a little treat for the kids in his class. We found the printable online.
He signed his name on each treat. He would start with the "I" then the "a." He would then realize that he ran out of room so he would put the "n" in front of the other letters. I loved them -he did it every time.
I can't believe he is not going to be going to school for three months. I am not sure what we are going to do. I might go completely crazy -I think I already am going crazy. We have registered for gymnastics and the summer reading program at the library but that is only an hour two days a week. I can already sense that our house is going to be a complete mess -in fact it has already begun. Tim has picked up a second job with home health and is gone pretty much everyday right now with training. So that leaves plenty of time for me and the boys to do whatever. Oh dear, wish us luck!







0 comments:
Post a Comment