I was so excited to see Ian sing for the Elementary Christmas program! He has been singing the songs around the house all month long. I had know idea what the songs were -what happen to normal Christmas songs like Frosty, Rudolph, or even Jingle Bells? Does anyone else feel that way? I feel like if I start singing a classic Christmas song they look at me like I am singing a different language. So yes, I took it upon myself to teach them Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, and Frosty the snowman :) They become our bedtime songs of choice as well!
In normal Utah County fashion we had to arrive about 45 minutes early to ensure we got a seat to see our child. Do you remember the story about the man that was arrested for assault at the LDS church house over saved seats? No -you can read it here. Seriously, that is going to be me one day. They'll be taking me away in handcuffs because I get so tired of people saving seats! Half of the time they never show up or they realize that they don't actually need all the seats they have been saving. Ahhhh -that is a story for another time. The kindergartners were the last ones up -Ian come walking out and both Tim looked at each other wondering what had happen. The left side of his face was all red and his eye was a little swollen. After the program we found out that him and a friend though it was funny to poke yourself in the eye while they were waiting in the hall?! Seriously -child, somedays you make me wonder.
He did such a great job singing! I love watching this video! Too bad our camera died half way through the program. I was standing off to the side with Ava so do your best to ignore Aaron continually tapping Tim's arm to get his attention.
Tim happened to capture this sweet little moment...Aaron holding Ava's hand.
We are really feeling the Christmas spirit around here -and can't wait for family to arrive next week!

0 comments:
Post a Comment