Friday, January 10, 2014

Kindergarten

Kindergarten! I can't believe my baby is in Kindergarten! He has loved it from the very beginning and is such a smart little boy! 

His Kindergarten pictures were hilarious. I kept reminding him please don't touch your hair, smile pretty, make sure your shirt looks nice, and so on. Everyone received their  school pictures back except Ian. After a lot of hassle the photography company told us just get retakes done. I am sure you can't guess which picture was the retake. Messy hair, sweat dripping down the sides of his face -in his defense they had just come in from recess. However I absolutely love the retake! It is totally him :)

He always says that school is so easy and sometimes it is a little boring, but then he just talks to his friends. Thankfully his teacher Miss Ericson says that he is wonderful in class and never a problem. 

I absolutely love the thanksgiving decorations that he made! He is excellent at coloring and can use scissors better than anyone I know ;) I have been able to help out in the classroom once a week as well. I love going and helping, especially with the class parties! The kids are all so excited and happy to be there (just a little different from teaching high school)! 

I can't wait to watch him learn and grow throughout the school year. Unfortunately he is learning picking up on quite a few bad things as well. Like did you know "hello" is a bad word if you say it really slow? Or that if you say "ship. ship, ship, ship" really fast it also sounds like a bad word? However he does not know what bad word that is. However, he has also learned what it means to be a good friend, and how you should treat others. His reading skills have completely taken off -I have been amazed at the words and books he can read. If only time could stop and I could just keep him home forever. Who am I kidding? I love those short 3 hours he is in school and the other kids are napping :)

Aaron also has been loving preschool but recently decided he would rather stay home with mommy. Tim took this little video of him after school so that he could remember how much fun he has at school. Such a cutie! Did I mention that his teachers all adore him -can't imagine why ;)

0 comments: